13 July 2020 – 3 September 2020
Labeled Datasets for Agriculture in Sub-Saharan Africa
This RFP is now closed.
This request for proposals will fund labeled agricultural datasets for machine learning in sub-Saharan Africa, whether referenced to earth observation (EO) data or related to other aspects of the crop and animal agricultural system.
A full copy of the RFP, including more details on potential areas of funding, eligibility, and selection criteria, is here.
See a budget template for reference here.
Applications are accepted through the application portal here.
- RFP Posted Publicly on Lacuna Fund Website: 13 July 2020
- Question and Answer Deadline: 27 July 2020
- Answers Posted: 3 August 2020
- Applications Due: 3 September 2020
Question and Answer Period: All questions related to the RFP should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Agriculture RFP 2020 Question” in the subject line. Questions submitted by 27 July will be de-identified and answered publicly by 3 August on the Lacuna Fund website in a document posted here.
(August 3, 2020) Please see the Q&A here.
Note that this Q&A was updated on August 26, 2020 to indicate that letters of support from collaborating institutions will not be required at the proposal stage, but will be required in the due diligence stage for accepted proposals.
Additional resources from the AI4D Webinar on Lacuna Fund on 31 July:
- Webinar recording (English)
- Webinar recording (French)
- Presentation: Introducing Lacuna Fund
- Presentation: Labeled Datasets for Agriculture in Sub-Saharan Africa
Please note that for this request for proposals, applicants should:
- Be an organization headquartered in Africa or have a substantial partnership with organization(s) headquartered in Africa.